Mamilla Hotel - new kid on the block

Last week my husband and I spent a night at the Mamilla Hotel which is a newly opened hotel located alongside Mamilla Avenue - the outdoor shopping mall. It is nice to see Israel hotels with a modern and sophisticated decor that rivals the ambience of high end international hotels. The breakfast buffet was in a nice room and offered lots of delicious choices. The hotel staff was eager to please - the only mishap was putting us in the lowest floor possible after I requested a high floor when they asked my preference. I am not sure, though, how the hotel will age. Also, and this is my pet peeve with almost all hotels here in Israel, the daily rates are obscenely high - the amount we paid for a non-holiday weeknight exceeded what I have paid for comparable hotels in major cities like New York and London.

Mamilla Hotel - 11 King Solomon Street, Jerusalem - www.mamillahotel.com

Comments